kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Benching > EVGA Extreme Overclocking

EVGA Extreme Overclocking Dedicated forum for KPC users and all things EVGA Overclocking.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 AM
PURE

Default EVGA X79 779 CLASSIFIED 4-WAY | EVGA CLASSIFIED GTX580 ULTRA

Testing EVGA's new flagship X79 chipset motherboards E775, E777, and E779 CLASSIFIED 4-way with upcoming classified GTX580 ULTRA cards in the lab right now. Tweaking final bios's at this time on all boards. Nice hardware.
Made some pics and screens to let u guys know whats going over here atm and possibly whats comin. Lets have a look at my fav...E779 classy 4-way

I'm using all 3 3dmark 11 presets and heaven which are the latest and most demanding dx11 benchmarks for performance and stability on current hardware:
Default performance (out of the box with no tweaking or bios adjustment)
Final default card clocks are still being determined on classified ultra, but most likely it should be between 9-950mhz on core frequency:

System memory is 16GB (4x4GB) of DOMINATOR GTX7 and cooling is INTEL watercooler by Asetek. Gskill Phoenix 120GB SSD for hard drive. I'm using 5 CLASSIFIED 1200W PSU's for testing only as I recently modded 4 of them and needed to pretest some stuff. 2 PSU's is actually ok for this system.

Now some sweet spot BCLK/MEM overclocking for this memory config and default cooling. These new CPUS vary A LOT in terms of strength of IMC and OC potential of IMC, so as always CPU is important factor in your individual results. Here I have 16GB of memory running at 2400mhz with rated timings and 129 bclk. This is a nice setting for perf/stability. Cards pushed on air with hottest points in 3d11 test (gt3 peak) marked.

As for Extreme OC on LN2, sandybridge E seems to be better than P67 as most cpus will scale on Ln2, average OC being about 5.2ghz or so. Better CPUS will run below -55c and go 5.4 and higher and bad cpus will have problems -30c and not OC much more than 5.1 or so. I have tested about 20 ES cpus we have laying around the lab so far being a mix of 3930 and 3960's B0,C0, and C1. 3930 is slower than 3960 in 11, and B0 ES cpus are slower than C0 and C1 ES's and cant use bclk ratios along with other limited imc functionality. Hopefully retail 3960x cpus will OC better on LN2 than their ES counterparts similar to the way P67 was. Time will tell.
My overclocking mecca

With easy mod, my CPU containers can fit on our X79 and ANY other motherboards using the INTEL standard cpu socket. No special socket like the one on SR-2 with interchangeable backplate required

That is the best C1 cpu I've found so far out of that 20 (all stepings) in terms of IMC/raw clocks cold. Little better than average but still should make a nice score with the card clocks I have been working on in quad sli.
Got 1300mhz core frequency using my new Tek-9 SLIM 7.0 gpu units on a 4 card test run (all cards are capable of 1500+ 11 clocks on these highly capable SLIM units in single) and it scores a pretty nice 26k using a slow B0 cpu 4.9-5ghz with no memory or base clocks. Classifed ULTRA Core frequency is all that matter on this run:
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2190652
Looking for 1350mhz+ quad sli on final runs once we find a decent cpu to compete and run all out with, just started testing some other chips now so we'll see. Hardcore huh? NOTHING is as hardcore as the SR-2 was to bench in 4 way. This rig is quite fun and easy to bench as I can actually run it by myself finally. No more LN2 slaves required.
EVBOT is huge this time around. Setting voltages on these cards is insanely easy with our new profile feature for GPU overclocking. 1 click of EVBOT and I can automatically set any voltage on all 4 cards at once before I even get to windows desktop. 1300mhz in quad sli without a single mod on any card

Last edited by k|ngp|n; 11-28-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Worries Too Much About User Title

finally no more mods....thats new
Old 11-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Ambient

insanely phuking jealous right now!!

awesome
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Sub-Ambient

lol at CMGTX3 with a handwritten sticker saying GTX7 on it

Awesome results... looking forward to seeing what you can do when you get a nice CPU!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Happy engineer

Send a message via ICQ to TiN Send a message via Skype™ to TiN

At launch day we released three high-end motherboards for latest Intel Core i7 3xxx CPU's featuring LGA2011 socket.

EVGA X79 CLASSIFIED
EVGA X79 FTW
EVGA X79 SLI

Also there will be uATX model later with full 2-way SLI support.

I want to introduce feature set on current X79 boards, with some nice details around technical things we have done.

Caution, hi-quality photos next Beware your web connection.

Let's start from monster one, 4-way board with XL-ATX size.
It's successor of well-known X58 Classified 4-way, and it's main target - Quad-SLI and
Quad CrossfireX heavy crushers. With new SandyBridge-E processors performance of this
board is close to SR-2 systems regarding multi-GPU applications. It's like having pocket
version of SR-2 rig but without extra price and complexity.

Those few who overclocked SR-2 with extreme cooling know that it's extremely hard to
keep this monster alive, and almost impossible to bench by one man. Those who did SR-2
runs with six or seven LN2 containters will never forget that sweat benching.
But X79 is different story. On this platform Vince can chat in facebook, while his 4-way SLI with
1300MHz GTX 580 ULTRA cards sucessfully pass 3Dmark11 suite over and over.

Let's check board features.

• Lotes LGA2011 socket (hole configuration is same as LGA1366)
• Quad-channel memory slots supporting DDR3 up to 8GB per stick
• DDR3 frequency more than 2400MHz with fast memory
• PCI-Express 3.0 ready
• 4-way/3-way/2-way SLI support with native CPU links
• PCI-E disable switches for troubleshooting under subzero
• Free area around PCI-Express slots for easy insulation
• DIMM disable switches for troubleshooting under subzero
• Advanced serial-VID VRM with DFET tech with two +12V input connectors
• Seven (7) 4-pin FAN headers with monitoring and adjustments
• 100% POSCAP
• 2-phase VRMs for each memory side with state-of-art IR Power stages
• 2-phase VRM for CPU VTT with state-of-art IR Power stages
• 100% quiet aluminum heatsinks
• Native PCH storage tech (2 x SATA3 red ports + 4 x SATA2 ports)
• Designed to support 8 SATA3/SAS ports in future chipsets
• Triple BIOS with fixed switch solution
• 10 USB 2.0 ports (2 on rear I/O, 8 onboard headers)
• 10 USB 3.0 ports (8 on rear I/O, 2 onboard)
• EVGA EVBot support
• Onboard Bluetooth
• Dual 1GbE network ports (Marvell controllers)
• EVGA's advanced support and warranty

Let's check rear I/O

Lots of USB 3.0 ports, so don't forget to install drivers for your OS during setup.

PCI-Express slots have enough room around for easy insulation to prevent any condensation
during your whole day LN2 quad-sli sessions. Black x1 slot have link from PCH, middle slot use
x4 link from CPU for addon card. So if you want to run 2-way SLI or two dual GPU videocards like
GTX 590, use top first and 4th slot, this way you will always get native x16 lanes from CPU and
still have one x4 slot available for sound/storage card.

We use PCI-Express 3.0 multiplexors to switch lanes, so when PCI-E 3.0 cards hit market this
board will be ready to unleash their potential.

Board memory subsystem support up to 32GB, which will be enough for any crazy gamer or WS users
for next three years . It's also possible to use less than four DIMMs if you need, but
recommended to populate right side with channels A,B first (close to back I/O ports). Also on
X79 platform you will have two DIMM voltages, 12 and 34, because memory powered by two separate
VRM units.

For troubleshooting or testing you can disable memory slots without actually removing memory module.
This can be helpful when running memory under subzero or with big CPU heatsink which block memory
slots. Each side have own memory disable switch with 2 poles.

Also X79 CLASSIFIED and X79 FTW support new feature, EVGA Command Center, which will be available
for power users later.

Hint for subzero/watercooling guys: if your CPU cooler does not provide forced airflow around make
sure that your rig have some air flowing around VRM, or fan blowing on VRM area to ensure best
voltage stability under increased voltage/power draw conditions. Board have two +12V input power
connectors, but only one is required to run on air/water. You can leave second unpopulated unless
you go extreme (>1.6V on CPU, >5.2GHz clock).

Also power, reset and clear CMOS buttons available on board edge, as always on EVGA enthusiast
motherboards. On rear side there is EVBot port and duplicate clear CMOS button. These features
available on all EVGA X79 motherboards.

Hint: For best memory overclocking some voltages may need increase, specially system agent
voltage (VSA) and sometimes VTT/VREF DQ. Memory voltage can be increased by 1850mV without
much worry on this platform, if your memory IC need that to overclock high (Elpida/Micron as
example). VSA can be considered quite safe with levels up to 1400mV. Also PCH may help for better
BCLK overclocking. For extreme guys DOMINANCE memory coolers can be handy, now you will need
two of them.

Last edited by TiN; 11-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Ambient

Very sweet guys
Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 AM
PURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post
lol at CMGTX3 with a handwritten sticker saying GTX7 on it

Awesome results... looking forward to seeing what you can do when you get a nice CPU!
haha! thats Tinbo's SPD magic.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Ambient

Send a message via MSN to Perica_barii Send a message via Skype™ to Perica_barii

Wow......
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Ambient

Send a message via ICQ to Christian Ney Send a message via MSN to Christian Ney Send a message via Skype™ to Christian Ney

That's why I don't have any GTX 580 Classified samples yet, you haz all of them

No livestream ?

Last edited by Christian Ney; 11-16-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Ambient

Crazy stuff boss...AMAZING