EVGA EPOWER is available for ordering NOW.
Long-time awaited moment, thing that noone does before.
All-mighty EVGA's "The Untouchables" EPOWER available.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=33340 - International shipping
EPOWER card is designed to operate with two voltage outputs :
Minimum 600W (42A on +12V rail) power supply with two or three 6-pin PCI-Express supplementary power connector cable for each EPOWER card used in system.
This device is intended only for advanced user use with basic electronics experience. EPOWER is covered only by DOA warranty
Basic usage guide:
1. Disconnect stock VRM power inductor on desired channel
2. Open copper plane for ground and power on target device
3. Solder thick (AWG10-AWG12) wires from EPOWER GND to ground and VCORE or VDIMM points to power.
4. Default startup voltage on VCORE – 1200mV, VDIMM – 1500mV. Maximum current for VCORE – 400A, VDIMM 80A.
5. Good rule to follow – one pair of wires (VCORE+GND) per each 10-15A. For simple VGA like with 2-3 phase VRM best to use 4-8 wire pairs. For high-end VGA should be no less than 10-15 wire pairs. Top GPUs like GF100, GF110 must use as many pairs as possible physically.
6. Multiple wires reduce voltage drop under idle and load states. If drop (difference of voltage between EPOWER card and GPU capacitor voltage near package) is more than 100mV – more wires are needed to compensate.
7. EPOWER card requires forced airflow under heavy load conditions. User can use onboard 3-pin FAN connector.
8. After connecting EPOWER to GPU always check resistance between power and GND to ensure no shorts. Normal resistance range for GPU is 0.5-10 ohm, for memory – 5-200 ohm.
9. For videocards with advanced PWMs (>3 phase) check VR_ENABLE signals and VR_PGOOD (power good).
10. Connect PCI-Express power to EPOWER card AND videocard. If you don’t use secondary power on EPOWER (3phase) you can leave “INPUT DIMM” connector not connected.
11. If after power on voltage is OK, but system does not detect videocard – cut VR_PGOOD trace near onboard PWM on videocard. This will prevent onboard VRM to reset GPU (because onboard power is not used – it’s fault state for it)
12. For voltage adjustment on EPOWER use EVGA EVBOT with X58 motherboard firmware. VCORE voltage is CPU Voltage, VDIMM is Memory voltage on EVBOT.
For more details and user experience you can check links below.
Retail price is $99.99 USD for this power monster. Shipping price not included.
Refer to EVGA's page linked above for ordering.
Some people already tried this unit during their OC sessions and had lots of fun.
Last edited by TiN; 02-01-2012 at 08:54 PM.
I am also interested if it will be available in EU
ASUS Polish Overclocking Championship 2010 #1st
MSI MOA 2012 EMEA - #1st
MSI MOA 2012 WW FINALS - #7th
ASUS Open Overclocking Cup AOOC 2012 - #1st
MSI MOA 2013 EMEA Qualifier - #2nd
ASUS Open Overclocking Cup AOOC 2013 - #3rd
MSI MOA 2013 WW FINALS - #3rd
Galaxy GOOC 2013 Finals - #12th
HyperX OC Takeover HOT Final CES 2014 - #1st
G.skill OC World Cup 2014 - #3rd
HyperX OC Takeover HOT 2014 Computex - #1st
Intel OC Challenge Computex 2014 - #1st
MSI MOA 2014 WW Finals - #12th
ASUS Open Overclocking Cup AOOC 2014 -#2nd
Galaxy GOOC 2014 Finals -#4th
HyperX OC Takeover HOT Final CES 2015 - #1st
G.skill OC World Cup 2015 - #5
Fantastic! Absolutely, positively fantastic!
I'll be buying one shortly. Also an evbot of course.
Big huge thanks to TiN and Vince and EVGA for making this thing and going full retail with it. EVGA just went way up in my book
Bought an untouchables and an evbot direct from EVGA.
Last edited by Bobnova; 01-25-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Sick to finally see this live TiN, Now lets see it mounted to a 6200 LE XD
Always testing something
3770K 5.3 on water 6500-6600 on cold no CB
GTX 680 DCII TOp
Velociraptor (6G) Raid (benching)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|