kingpincooling.com

Go Back   kingpincooling.com > Overclocking & Benching > All Things Overclocking...

All Things Overclocking... Post your sessions, results, or hardware to show off your KPC extreme cooling gear

Old 12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Dry Ice

Default [Team.AU] 1st LN2 test AMD 965+Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5+Corsair 2250s> 1M SuperPi:10.125s

....here we go first LN2 session is over 10L got chewed up and now I got some idea of the clocks and how this beast behaves.........

This is very exciting.....going back to AMD and all....I am now hooked

These CPUs love cold it's amazing. I was literally battling this F1EE to get some ok speeds out of the chip but for longer tests like 8M or 32M it was already evident that i may need to start looking for a better tuned CPU pot for these.......I did some pretesting on air and SS so i knew roughly what the RAM and board could do. I was planning on benching the Asus Crosshair 3 as well but as luck would have it the board died.....SADS or something else...who knows, i just wish i could at least try it on LN2 lol before it bitched out lol

Always good to chat to someone while benching new gear....chew* was onhand and he got a dose of dinos22's entertainment during the session lol :

Anyways here's the test setup and some piccies

Test Configuration:
  • GIGABYTE 790FXTA-UD5 F2 official bios
  • AMD X4 965 Black Edition C3 week 44 retail
  • F1EE CPU pot
  • Corsair Dominator GTX 2250 DDR3 2GB modules
  • PCIe nvidia 8400GS
  • 1200W Antec Quattro OC Edition PSU
  • 300GB Velociraptor
  • Windows 2003 Server

Giga is very fast in 1M. It trails a bit in 32M so gotta work some more on it i think...just as well as i couldnt get speeds i was happy with anyways heh...could be teething issues with new board/bioses i donno but once i get it strapped to a better pot i'll do some proper 32M too .... best part is it's still alive w00t lol

I wont have much time to do more LN2 testing until i fly out to Adelaide to bench together with my good friend youngpro mid January.....we are going to rape this CPU hard lol and my priority is superpi first and then whatever else ppl want to see at the event we are doing

Evil chip heheh

...stay tuned

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?

Last edited by dinos22; 12-29-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Ambient

nice job dinos !
that rams looks so beauty and i wonder if its so strong like 2000c7 ,whats the difrence in O/C between two kits!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Dry Ice

G is freaking out that i still havent tested this kit on Intel but from what i can see 2000C7 are only little bros to this kit

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Sub-Zero

Great job dinos, cant waith for more
Old 01-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Dry Ice

F1OC is over.... just noticed the site updated with scores. Some mixed emotions about this competition to be honest...it really lost it's "charm" for me after XS pulled the plug but with all the fighting and BS i dont blame Charles for doing that

Here is my final score for F1OC 8M SuperPi round and a W.R. for AMD CPUs

I disabled a couple of cores in CPUz....it went a bit funny lol! It didnt help me with frequency but i did get a slightly better wazza and gained another 0.3s so that worked out well i guess

This was my second session and i changed over to my gold pot......this was a first "proper" test for this pot hence i decided to install the probe etc. For those who haven't seen much of it i made a quick video a while back when good people from Thermolab made me and a few other overclockers a custom gold(plated)en LN2 pot heh > YOUTUBE VIDEO..........it held the cpu nicer than F1EE but i still need that Venom strapped to it, i reckon, to try and nail some 32M runs between 6555-6600......from what i saw, so far, it's going to be very nice fellas

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 board is really very very good so far. It's held up to some serious torture and water all over it......efficiency was there i cant complain ...just gotta work out now how to setup Gigabyte EasyTune on my SuperPi OS as i had to revert to my "all round testing OS" for final results

R.I.P. to one of my Corsair Dominator GTX sticks...in fact my BEST stick was lost in first bench session...not realising until i tried on the second session . The ONLY thing i can think of is condensation but i still don't know how as i packed the shit out of vdimm slots with vaseline.....CPU pot is a bit too close to dimm slots on AMD boards so running -187C for hours will eventually freeze a large area around the board too as anyone benching AMD would know i guess

These Corsair Dominator GTX 2250 sticks are MONSTERS......For the final benching session with 936MHz 6-6-6-18-1T andn 4680MHz NB i only use 1.7vdimm (DMM measured)

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?
Old 01-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Ambient

WOW~! great great result
Thank you for Thermolab pot using
Happy new year and good luck bro~!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Dry Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_windforce View Post
WOW~! great great result
Thank you for Thermolab pot using
Happy new year and good luck bro~!
Thank you for hooking me up with one

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 AM
clark-ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
so running -187C for hours will eventually freeze a large area around the board too as anyone benching AMD would know i guess
AMD ain't the only cat in town any more that flies wide open homes

full pot for hours on end...now i know what its like to be lazy on AMD
Old 01-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Dry Ice

sweet hehehe
P55?

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Dry Ice

Update

I had a few sessions with AMD now since F1OC thread > http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242063 and throught i'd fire it up once more to use some left over LN2 and see what i can do about a new challenge from Gyrock-san

tightened the subs, increased the clocks and she was flyin' to a new 1M SuperPi AMD W.R.

Test Configuration:
  • GIGABYTE 790FXTA-UD5 F2 official bios
  • AMD X4 965 Black Edition C3 week 44 retail
  • Thermolab custom gold "dinos22" CPU pot
  • Corsair Dominator GTX 2250 DDR3 2GB modules (940MHz 6-6-6-18T-1T 1.7vdimm)
  • PCIe nvidia 8400GS
  • 1200W Antec Quattro OC Edition PSU
  • 300GB Velociraptor
  • Windows 2003 Server 110MB ISO Superlight

32M will have to wait as both my pots for some reason cant hold the temps to even to 6.45GHz runs... beats me heh ....times look great even at 6.52GHz

i installed the second probe on CPU IHS.....very useful info and in fact thats all i was looking at throught the bench session.... ..........i've noticed a point at which i get the crashes..........my IHS temp was -173.9-174.4C idle and it drops to low -173C for Pi..............................at some point it will drop hard by to -172C to -171.5C and crash...........happened even in 1M at times.........but mainly 32M sometimes at start and sometimes down to loop 5.....bottom of pot was at -187.4C idle and -186.5C load in Pi

Got tube?
GIGABYTE Australia
Need a GIGABYTE bios?